Tuesday, February 16, 2010

golden tiger 2010

Chinese New Year this year was probably the busiest and most tiring of the recent years! Despite all, I relished the time to spend with family and friends. Am really glad I am having time to myself on the last day of the public holidays before heading back to work tomorrow. Food was glorious as always and I am SERIOUSLY contemplating going vegetarian for a while, to detox and shed those extra calories!

Chinese New Year eve was special this year. For the first time, we ate out with the future sister-in-law's family and suffice to say, both families got on well. This I hope, translated into some kind of relief for the brother and future sister-in-law that the dinner was a success of some sort! Another surprise came from him, we hung out on the boat, enjoying the company, quietude, lovely breeze and remaining hours of the evening. Shortly after, realisation struck me and I told him its Valentine's Day, LOL! He seemed equally surprised, leaned over with a grin and "Happy Valentine's Day :)" before the sweetest kiss ever.


Later on, after falling into bed, I realised he knew we would be spending some hours of Valentine's Day together and I am rather happy that he made the effort despite having to fly out for business five hours later. Sure, there were no grand expressions of love but its the thought and little gestures which made this year's Valentine's Day priceless.

May this good start to the new year continue! xxxx

No comments: