Saturday, February 14, 2009

Love is




Been taking a break from the blog since 31 January and it has been a liberating break. Throwing myself back into the grand scheme of things, living life to the fullest and remembering how it is to love and be loved.

Geoff and myself had known each other since the days at the firm. Back then, freshly back from London, I was really grateful to have a smiling face with friendly words in the office. Geoff refused to tell me what my first impression was to him (no baby.... telling me I have nice lips do not work!) then and he is still not saying! Anyways, I suppose we were both busy with own stuff and it was only much later on last year that bigger sparks were ignited.

Suddenly there was an effort to keep in touch and know more about eachother. Maybe the lull in our professional lives helped but we were certainly more relaxed and somewhat happier. Fairy Godpapa said maybe it was because I had been so angry and hurt that I had clung on to whichever bit of happiness that came my way. I don't know if that was a fair statement but with Geoff, I have been feeling happy and calm.

It wasn't love at first sight but rather affection for him had developed through time. I have not believed in love and marriage for a very long time. While it may be premature to talk about marriage, and I still have my doubts and suspicions about love, I am gradually not resisting Geoff into my life anymore.

Today is V day but unfortunately, Geoff had already left for his further studies. He was very happy and touched at receiving the surprise parcel from me, though totally bemused beforehand at my cryptic text messages about him being at home yesterday afternoon. Lol... for someone in his profession, he wasn't as sharp as he should be. I was completely frazzled that the delivery could have gone amok or missed him before he left! That second call in the evening was sweet but harder than ever to say goodbye. He must had repeated the words "keep in touch"... "see you in country X and Singapore" countlessly. I felt rather bad that I couldn't say the same to him but really, that's because I have yet to conquer my fears and doubts about love. Neither did I want to see him off the airport, its emotionally taxing.

To my baby.... Happy V day. You and every bit about you are already missed terribly. Will see you soon. gros bisous, Ophelia

P.S. I Love You

2 comments:

agrasshopper said...

welcome back! Happy to hear you sounding so cheery and calm:)

Anonymous said...

yes, its been a good break! despite the uncertainties ahead, am still keeping faith! And of course, having someone whose so stable helps :)