
And so, the New Year was ushered in at the stroke of midnight! Happy New Year! Despite the gloom around, it sure felt great to welcome in the Year of the Ox! And the festivity brought a sense of happiness, harmony to all around. Yes, overly stuffing one's face was unavoidable and the only bit that held me back from stuffing my face was my cheongsam. Seriously, its an ingenious invention! Its like wearing a corset ALL the time. But I really love it, am slowly but surely embracing the traditional!
The only suxx bit was the air conditioning unit almost flooded my bedroom! Really, it was a 911 operation to sort out the bedroom before rushing to get ready to go visiting. Damn, am hoping my dresses (WHICH ARE STILL DRYING) do not get ruined! And my room, hopefully, in time for bed this eve!
More than anything, am enjoying this welcome respite from work! It had been a nightmare trying to sort out LOTS before this week of holidays and there's still work that I really had no time to attend to last Friday. HAHAHAHAHA, it was really cool of boss to let me off early last Friday! Guess she knew I was rather disinterested in drinks at the PentHouse again. And IT WAS REALLY funny to drag Lang out for an early happy hour, despite his feeble protests in his room that he WAS busy! Lang's friends are really nice, they kindly skipped the topic of golf knowing that it bored me within 10 minutes. MWAHAHAHAH.... I wonder if Lang knew that he could be playing chaperone soon!
ALL IN ALL, am thankful for enjoying CNY completely this year! It was VERY miserable last year to spend the entire CNY working last year! SW is right, we all have choices in how we want this year to be. Me, I just want the year ahead to be happy and healthy, AND still holding a job. Anything and everything else is secondary. As Kor had wisely put "Life is short. No point being bugged down by "stuff". I believe God has a bigger plan for me. So my time here is a testing ground". So hell yeah, its not personal, its objectively business!
The only suxx bit was the air conditioning unit almost flooded my bedroom! Really, it was a 911 operation to sort out the bedroom before rushing to get ready to go visiting. Damn, am hoping my dresses (WHICH ARE STILL DRYING) do not get ruined! And my room, hopefully, in time for bed this eve!
More than anything, am enjoying this welcome respite from work! It had been a nightmare trying to sort out LOTS before this week of holidays and there's still work that I really had no time to attend to last Friday. HAHAHAHAHA, it was really cool of boss to let me off early last Friday! Guess she knew I was rather disinterested in drinks at the PentHouse again. And IT WAS REALLY funny to drag Lang out for an early happy hour, despite his feeble protests in his room that he WAS busy! Lang's friends are really nice, they kindly skipped the topic of golf knowing that it bored me within 10 minutes. MWAHAHAHAH.... I wonder if Lang knew that he could be playing chaperone soon!
ALL IN ALL, am thankful for enjoying CNY completely this year! It was VERY miserable last year to spend the entire CNY working last year! SW is right, we all have choices in how we want this year to be. Me, I just want the year ahead to be happy and healthy, AND still holding a job. Anything and everything else is secondary. As Kor had wisely put "Life is short. No point being bugged down by "stuff". I believe God has a bigger plan for me. So my time here is a testing ground". So hell yeah, its not personal, its objectively business!

No comments:
Post a Comment