Thursday, January 1, 2009

remaining days of 2008


I know, Partie Deux de mon anniversaire is like LONG overdue! But, there was no time to sit myself down in front of the computer and I was exhausted after work everyday till NY EVE! Am so thankful I had TONS of sleep on NY day and basically, time to "smell the roses"!

Let's see, I treated myself to a relaxing hair treatment at JIwon on the birthday afternoon and Kenyon did a fantastic job of blow drying my hair! Kenyon's London based till his recent move back to Singers and naturally, he is very sophisticated with his hair styling skills. Post-dinner with Fitti, it was off to birthday drinks at Wala. 2 years in a row at the same pub but in recession times, its to be practical and economical. Anyways, I LOVE THAT PLACE and the birthday girl is the QUEEN FOR DA DAY!

Friends who turned up had the same question... "are all these your friends?", followed by an incredulous look when I said yes and that the number present was actually below the expected. YES, potentially, if everyone had turned up, the whole upper floor would have been mine mine mine!

Thank god for Bel's timely arrival, she single-handedly saved my party from becoming BORINGLY BORING! And yes, the alcohol helped too! Bel, if you are reading this, please note that you have many alternative career options should you decide to hang up that uniform one day!

I do have to apologise for being a bad host, many times I can't remember what happened to the glass I had in my hand! I just couldn't find that beer or wine glass or it was just emptied! Maybe that was why I was still remarkably sober after the Waterfall which Edmund had treated me to! HAHAHAHAH....... Meepok (my dear shi xiong) was damn funny! He pulled me aside, a while later after the first bottle of pink bubbly, and told me there's another bottle of pink bubbly to drink with me after everyone had left. And mwhaahahahha, I think now he knows TOO MUCH about the antics of some of the guys we had worked with before!!!

Thanks MEEPOK, iLOVE BUBBLY and better still if its PINK BUBBLY! Thanks everyone who had came, hope you had fun! Apologies again for being a lousy host, I will try to be a better social butterfly!


Post birthday, it was NY Eve. I had party invites but somehow I wanted to keep this year's NY eve, quiet. Hence, I decided on the very last minute (just the eve before!) that I would be spending NY eve with my church mates at dinner and service. Lucky me, someone had pulled out and hooray, I had a seat at the dinner table.

Was it an evening of reflections or was it that I was just too tired from the morning at work? Either or both way(s), I wasn't myself. I really didn't feel social, I just wanted to have dinner and make small talk without having to try too damn hard. And the company of my church mates was warm and familiar and not judgemental. That's the company that I really needed on NY eve, not anything else. I had enough of working that PR social facade for the past 2 to 3 weeks. No way I was going to put on a mask again and spend the last hours of 2008 feeling awful and close to tears again.


Half hour to New Year Day, we found ourself at Harry's Bar, away from the accumulative madness everywhere else! I managed to get us seated at Harry's even though they had "technically" closed for the eve. Drinks made a timely arrival before the clock struck 12 and it was still an adrenaline rush to welcome in the New Year, despite the quiet evening!

Happy New Year to you, a brand new year filled with all things wonderful and limitless possibilities! All the best for the year ahead!

No comments: