Today is Day 3 and already, a lot are being thrown my way and I got started on the REAL work yesterday evening. IT nearly drove my boss and myself nutz with that stupid ding dong of emails JUST to get my IT access sorted out. Seriously, you would have thought the IT was much more superior than that irritating bit.
I do like the real work a lot but its V frustrating to play "refresh the memory". Am really frustrated at the lack of ability to be analytical and concise but hopefully I get the hang of everything by Friday. Yes, am V ambitious but its stuff I had done before and there's no reason why I can't get the gist of it.
The difficult bit, is my time in the office right now is subjected to my boss' needs which on the positive side, is really for my own good. Am just a bit flustered to have had 6 missed calls for not turning up on lunch on time today because a quick show by the boss turned out to be a good half hour but it was pretty kool of her to start involving me in the meetings with the heads already. Hopefully, I can live up to their expectations! Am nervous mostly cos I really feel "unpolished" and not as poised as I should be. I mean, I barely opened my mouth at the meeting except to nod in agreement and make polite laughter at the right moments.... oh well, I guess bosses generally like to be able to bring along their foot soldier(s) to show that they are the ones in power.
And right now.... maybe because I am still adjusting to the work and all, I feel V tired and as much as I would love to head out after work, am just exhausted to make any more small talk. Logging onto the computer at home has so far proved to be a chore since I started work last Friday, I just cannot imagine myself staring at the computer yet again after like a mind boggling 10 - 12 hours in the office.
Seriously, I hope I survive the time my boss flies home for the holidays. Fingers triply crossed! But in the meantime, its busy busy at work!
I do like the real work a lot but its V frustrating to play "refresh the memory". Am really frustrated at the lack of ability to be analytical and concise but hopefully I get the hang of everything by Friday. Yes, am V ambitious but its stuff I had done before and there's no reason why I can't get the gist of it.
The difficult bit, is my time in the office right now is subjected to my boss' needs which on the positive side, is really for my own good. Am just a bit flustered to have had 6 missed calls for not turning up on lunch on time today because a quick show by the boss turned out to be a good half hour but it was pretty kool of her to start involving me in the meetings with the heads already. Hopefully, I can live up to their expectations! Am nervous mostly cos I really feel "unpolished" and not as poised as I should be. I mean, I barely opened my mouth at the meeting except to nod in agreement and make polite laughter at the right moments.... oh well, I guess bosses generally like to be able to bring along their foot soldier(s) to show that they are the ones in power.
And right now.... maybe because I am still adjusting to the work and all, I feel V tired and as much as I would love to head out after work, am just exhausted to make any more small talk. Logging onto the computer at home has so far proved to be a chore since I started work last Friday, I just cannot imagine myself staring at the computer yet again after like a mind boggling 10 - 12 hours in the office.
Seriously, I hope I survive the time my boss flies home for the holidays. Fingers triply crossed! But in the meantime, its busy busy at work!

No comments:
Post a Comment