Sunday, December 14, 2008

first week musings

I survived the first week, yay! Maybe this was and still is, the transition period, but am absolutely exhausted. I may consider getting the 1000H sooner than soon, at least I could hibernate in the cozy cool comfort of my room in peace. But, my head hurts at the thought of staring into the computer again after the shite load of time at work and I don't want to spend ALL my time in front of the computer outside work, especially during the weekends, I HAVE A LIFE!

Some thots I had gathered while getting by the week:-

1) I have no patience for stupid, insecure, boorish, egoistic peeps outside work. So, don't test my patience. Get lost!

2) I have no appetite in the evenings. Too tired and I had been pecking at my dinner, not good! But happiness is like today, when Audrey suggested fish head curry at Race Course Road for dinner cos I was whining to her before that nobody wanted to eat that with me! And the coke costed SGD2.50! Damnit, its free diet Coke in the office!!!!

3) I missed yakking away on MSN, but its just impossible to yak on MSN at work. No time and too expensive to abuse my handphone like that.

4) I am a new convert of 4 espresso shots in a cuppa, twice daily at that. Thank god for that friggin awesome coffee machine in the office. My boss probably could not understand why I am a caffeine addict! HAHAHAHA!

5) I am beginning to blog with the inability to be concise and coherent. But, since when I was? GAH!

6) I am relishing the excuse to shop! Am not on a major overhaul but merely updating my existing work wardrobe. I am not sure if I had lost weight but the damn jeans are falling off, AGAIN, and its embarrassing to pull my jeans up when there's more guys than girls in my part of the office! OK, I really just wanted another excuse to get another pair of shoes for play!

7) I permed my hair, for the forthcoming X'mas, birthday, NY Eve and CNY! Love love love how I looked with curls and so far, compliments keep coming my way! YAY!

8) I just want a bottle of ice cold Asahi to get started on the weekend now! I just wonder if I could convince my friends to drink Asahi like Leo had taught me before. Well, I lived to tell the tale!

9) I want to eat at Fatty OX!!!! Its the closest to the mom and pop eateries in HKG and everyone who had eaten there before liked it!

10) I am close to tearing my hair out at fixing a venue for my birthday. All I need is a place with a great live band on a Sunday, reasonable prices for the adult drinks, a buzzy atmosphere and crowd to GET the party going!

11) I DO want to eat yakitori and sip away on sake at my birthday dinner! But I dunno where yet and I dunno who is coming for dinner yet! So many YETs!

12) I cannot cannot bear to tear myself away from my bed every morning. It is a constant herculean effort of discipline!

13) I am going to kidnap the OSIM handheld massager to my room! My Xmas gift to my parents had remained unused for the longest time ever, it had been relegated to a WHITE ELEPHANT!!!

14) I am already daydreaming about where to go in Spring 2009. And, hopefully, Europe in 2009 as well, I am missing my mates badly..... especially Andrew, I really wished I could be there with a pint in hand for him while he rant off an awful time at work.

15) I want the entire set of Gossip Girls Season 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But ANNOYINGLY, I don't have the time or patience to sit in front of the computer after work. At least, not now.

16) I feel myself nodding off at the keyboard now and making plenty of typing mistakes.

GOOD NITE world, sweet dreams...... xx



No comments: