Tuesday, October 14, 2008

the Interview

Today, I went for the interview with the Director of the team. Oh gosh, for some reason, my mind was so blanked out that I totally forgot to wear my lucky necklace. But strangely, composed enough to take a call from another headhunter enroute to the interview venue. Or maybe because Daddy was in the car and I could draw comfort from Daddy's silent support. YEAH, am so a Daddy's girl!

Hmmm, the interview lasted for like half hour with the Director. I don't know, it felt like I had stumbled, I had fumbled, I had rambled, I guess I was very stressed out inwardly and I didnt even realise the left sleeve of my jacket had caught some makeup! GAH, FAUX PAS!!! 30 minutes felt like an eternity somewhat and I hoped she liked me enough. I don't know, it felt like the position was within reach and yet out of reach at the same time. Or maybe I was giving myself too much pressure. SIGH.... a bit of me wished I could ramble to him before and after the interview. But....oh well, I guess not, he doesn't want to have anything to do with me nor hear from me anymore.

I don't like being on a roller coaster ride yet again. Everytime, when I sit through a ride, it felt like disappointment more often than not when the ride ended. It hurt a lot to be rejected as a professional, and so what if I did make 1 or 2 bad judgment calls? Did it mean that I should be condemned for life or be served with a life sentence? Its so unfair but I am willing to pay the price for my mistakes. But, nobody seemed to want to give me a chance. I feel so helpless inside, its like my heart keeps crying constantly but I have to stay strong outwardly and not crack just yet.

A church mate of mine sent me this prayer text message, which touched me immensely "Dear Lord, please give Ophelia wisdom to do well in her interview. If it is your will, help her to get the job. Otherwise, show her where you want her to be. Thank you for loving her. Amen."

D'accord, at this moment, I may be crying yet again but tomorrow, I will wake up, ready to get seated on another roller coaster ride.



No comments: