Its funny how friendships are formed and made in different phases of your life. Grasshopper was one of those people whom I stumbled upon a friendship with, earlier on this year. I suppose we didn't talk much initially given the fact that we currently live on opposite ends of the world. Until I got started on the US hours previously, Grasshopper slowly became one of those I could still yak to at the ungodly hours of the morning. Of course, there was him, who kept good his word and stayed up as much as he could just so I didn't have to feel too lonely. But, somehow, he had his own stress, problems and I cannot help but wonder if I had became an exhausting leech of a friend.
Am really grateful for Grasshopper's company during these recent months. I kept late nights mostly because I relished the quietude and solitude of the hours. I wanted space and I still do, lots of space to deal with this stressful farked up phase. Somehow, it was comforting and fun to talk to her, even when she was driven up the wall at times by the programmers she played with at work. It was kinda like there was no stress, no fear of being judged or criticised and I could be myself. And it was sure fun to talk about bags, movies, shopping, etc!
LOL, it sure was good to know that despite my whiny and needy conversations with her, she still thought I was alright! Friends like her are slowly but surely bringing me back on the road of recovery. They say, in times of need, you know who your friends are, its true. These friendships are like boxes of treasures that cannot be quantified with tangible gifts.
Thanks for everything. Am sure looking forward to catching up with you when you are back in town!
Am really grateful for Grasshopper's company during these recent months. I kept late nights mostly because I relished the quietude and solitude of the hours. I wanted space and I still do, lots of space to deal with this stressful farked up phase. Somehow, it was comforting and fun to talk to her, even when she was driven up the wall at times by the programmers she played with at work. It was kinda like there was no stress, no fear of being judged or criticised and I could be myself. And it was sure fun to talk about bags, movies, shopping, etc!
LOL, it sure was good to know that despite my whiny and needy conversations with her, she still thought I was alright! Friends like her are slowly but surely bringing me back on the road of recovery. They say, in times of need, you know who your friends are, its true. These friendships are like boxes of treasures that cannot be quantified with tangible gifts.
Thanks for everything. Am sure looking forward to catching up with you when you are back in town!

2 comments:
*hugs*
shank you shank you shank you *hugz*
Post a Comment