I must be getting used to crying in a pub/bar publicly these days because I just did it yet again. Besides the copious amount of booze, I believed the constant drizzle through the evening encouraged the outburst. Andy must be pretty used to girls crying cos he took me into his arms the minute my face got all twisted teary. OKay, and so I had like the entire bar crew at the pub watching me cry into his arms for what seemed like an eternity. But yes, it was comforting to have a shoulder to cry on, no questions asked and allowing me to let it out.
I guess I felt very hurt still. I thought that perhaps, the hurt would have subsided but it didn't. It felt like the hurt had progressed accumulatively until I could no longer put up a struggle to contain it. Inwardly, it was like I had been slashed viciously by those hurtful actions/words too many a time and now I doubt that amount of hurt can ebb away easily. The flashbacks only encouraged the hurt, anger, frustrations and tears.
"You are not in position to say anything to me. I did nothing wrong. If anything, he/she should be the one talking to me now".... yes, you are right, I was in no position and neither was I ever in a position. I am the one that you scorned upon and laughed at, the one that you have little regard for because you chose to belittle me and my feelings. The amount of hurt I was feeling did not matter to you or him/her because I was never of importance or significance.
I guess I felt very hurt still. I thought that perhaps, the hurt would have subsided but it didn't. It felt like the hurt had progressed accumulatively until I could no longer put up a struggle to contain it. Inwardly, it was like I had been slashed viciously by those hurtful actions/words too many a time and now I doubt that amount of hurt can ebb away easily. The flashbacks only encouraged the hurt, anger, frustrations and tears.
"You are not in position to say anything to me. I did nothing wrong. If anything, he/she should be the one talking to me now".... yes, you are right, I was in no position and neither was I ever in a position. I am the one that you scorned upon and laughed at, the one that you have little regard for because you chose to belittle me and my feelings. The amount of hurt I was feeling did not matter to you or him/her because I was never of importance or significance.

No comments:
Post a Comment