I must have been the most reluctant gym bunny to hit the gym this afternoon, until I stepped into the gym and eye candy aside, got motivated to work off the flubber. Again a case of mind over matter, I managed a not too shabby 6km workout and it was sure frigging good to work off all that stress, vexations and frustrations from the past 2 weeks. Certainly the endorphin rush was much needed and I felt better though exhausted to the bone.
I think I will continue with this regularly now and call me competitive, but I relish keeping pace with the dude next to me on the treadmill. In fact, I am seriously contemplating training for the next marathon. Marathons are indeed addictive, but again, I must be a sadist to enjoy the pain!
Dinner beckoned and we decided on yet another relatively undiscovered restaurant to escape the crowds, noise and clutter. Yes, Spruce at Tanglin Road gets the thumbs up. It was charmingly rustic without trying too hard, waiters were attentive without being obtrusive, crowd was grown up despite the pretentious few, and dining alfresco was actually a pleasure as we had fans billowing cool air above us while we started our dinner with pre-dinner drinks. I have to say, my vodka soda was decent and not the usual diluted shite. The food definitely got our thumbs up, portions were huge and satisfying. I would definitely be back for a second visit and while we were on our way out, we spied a private dining room and that would be something we would consider for the next dining venue.



A great way to end the weekend and prepare the mind and body for the week ahead, on a new battle ground for survival.

2 comments:
Keep on running! I'm with you in spirit!
merci :) I love the space for myself when I run.
Post a Comment