Over Friday lunch, Colbar popped up and since we were in the vicinity, we decided to pop by and check it out. I loved the place the minute I saw it. There was so much greenery and no concrete jungle or crowd in sight. My patience for crowd and clutter is sub zero and I make no attempts to conceal.
Colbar reminded me of how Singers was like in the 70s and 80s. The selection of adult drinks was wicked, the seldom heard of brands and the food, simple but hearty. We wiped out the prawn chezy omelette with REAL chips and Hainanese chicken curry in double quick time. I give Colbar bonus points for getting the chips right. REAL chips are big and chunky, not a shitey stringy piece of chalkboard that's being passed off as a chip. The Hainanese chicken curry had the consistency of a Japanese curry, smooth and was spicy enough. Top marks again.
A heartwarming sight was the playground that was built or created for the kids to run in wild abandon amongst the greenery. I detest those artificial playgrounds that are created for the kids. Kids should learn to swing on an old rubber tyre tied to the tree, kick a ball around the grass bare footed, not spend their time at stupid swimming, enrichment, computer and tuition classes.
Another great exploration, another Colbar convert.

No comments:
Post a Comment