Yes, she does look familiar, doesn't she? We all know her story, and surprise surprise, she is normal like anyone of us. She had put on 30 pounds since her modelling days and of course, 10 years later. I like her confidence about the way she looks, and her response "KIss my a***".I can perfectly understand how hard it becomes to keep the weight and dress size down with each passing year. It was only in the last 2 years or so, I became lax with my diet and exercise. For the record, I enjoyed life absolutely! It was bliss to stuff the face with all the wrong sinful food but the crash to earth came when I torn my ligament last Easter. Suddenly, I became a huge hippo overnight and it didn't help that old friends pointed out how chubby I became. Yes, it was hard to fathom and despite the huge amount of confidence I had in myself, I did feel very sad about how I looked. It didn't help that the camera heaps on another 5 kg and I detested the way I looked in photographs. I couldn't make any more excuses.
Maybe it was circumstances but along the way, I dropped some of those weight and in Leo's words when he saw me on Friday eve "you are almost on your way back". This is the same guy who had seen me at possibly my thinnest. That was definitely encouragement. Of course, am not starving myself but definitely am back to watching my diet. Moderation had became rare indulgence. And am trying to get more exercise now, despite the fatigue. Its an extremely sobering thought when I study the women in the trains during the morning journey to work and realise inwardly how disgusting it is to let one go and become all fat, lumpy and frumpish. In fact, its damn disgusting to see Madame Michelin all dolled up, like a freak show or something with that amount of skin being paraded and the warpaint slapped on.
So yeah, am now almost always hungry but there is renewed determination to shed those weight and get the dress size back to what it was before. Maybe, just maybe, one day I will learn to be comfortable again with the extra weight and inches but for now, its a NO.

No comments:
Post a Comment