Prawn fishing today was like a novelty though it was a hot sweltering Sunday afternoon. Battling an effing awful hangover from Saturday evening and an oncoming flu bug didn't exactly make it anymore bearable and I was feeling rather anti-social. Luckily there was enough lame jokes and actions to keep me laffing until I realised HEY THE OTHER SIDE OF THE POND KEPT getting a better catch. So, off I went to try get some catch and in my moments of spacing out, I lost out on a few prawns. Very embarrassing to have the experts tell me that I was not watching my bait!! But, luckily, I managed to get a couple of prawns, which was either pathetic or not bad for a first timer.
By the time all of us finally settled down for dinner, I was already feeling damn ill and wanted to finish the food and get home asap to rest. There was no inclination to make small talk or be dinner social at the table becos I was already feeling so damn cranky. Perhaps it was a good thing I didn't share in any dishes at dinner and pass on the flu bug to anyone.
Next time, I am going to try Aston's since the others had been recommending the place. But now, I think I just want to go back to bed to rest myself for the second time in the night.

No comments:
Post a Comment