I had shamelessly leeched on my friends in the industry to try find a way out of the situation after a fruitless search on my own. Given how badly battered the industry had been and still is, it sure was difficult to keep positive. It was not of comfort but I suppose support that those of us who had been laid off were not lousy in what we do but rather a victim of circumstances. To those of you, if you had never been laid off before you won't know how its like. You can take back all those verbal shite, cold water you had been throwing my way. You don't know everything, so don't act like you do.
I could count on my two hands the friends who had stood by me and offered their unwavering support. I was really touched at the efforts these friends made and yet allowed me space to deal with the situation. Sometimes, there were friends like Leo, who watched me break down in front of his eyes. Leo said to me today on MSN.... "Its okay to accept help but remember to reciprocate." I will, I am grateful to my friends for having passed on my resumes directly to the right people, foregoing the monetary incentives perhaps. And at the same time, I hope these same people would be okay. Its kind of like Russian roulette, you don't know if its you next.
Tomorrow's meeting I can only credit Sara but even then, after not hearing from that particular department for quite a while, we both thought it was goners at drinks recently. Imagine my surprise when I received the call late last week, I am glad yet nervous and stressed out. I hope I make the right impression. Wish me luck.
I could count on my two hands the friends who had stood by me and offered their unwavering support. I was really touched at the efforts these friends made and yet allowed me space to deal with the situation. Sometimes, there were friends like Leo, who watched me break down in front of his eyes. Leo said to me today on MSN.... "Its okay to accept help but remember to reciprocate." I will, I am grateful to my friends for having passed on my resumes directly to the right people, foregoing the monetary incentives perhaps. And at the same time, I hope these same people would be okay. Its kind of like Russian roulette, you don't know if its you next.
Tomorrow's meeting I can only credit Sara but even then, after not hearing from that particular department for quite a while, we both thought it was goners at drinks recently. Imagine my surprise when I received the call late last week, I am glad yet nervous and stressed out. I hope I make the right impression. Wish me luck.

No comments:
Post a Comment